Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

Niamh Costello's Story

Hi everyone I haven't been bloggin recently... Niamh has had a tough few weeks. Her knees and a toe have been very sore. We got call from Dr Killeen who has started her on codeine phosphate. We are hoping this will help with pain. She has been on it a week and it is helping with pain. Niamh is just exhausted. Falling asleep in school. Bed at 8pm everynight. She finds swimming exhausting too..We were in hospital for blood test this morning.. Niamh has blood test every 6wks. On my way out we meet a friend who suggested Niamh should try a strict diet of wheat and dairy free...It reminded me of M. Binchy article of 10 things not to say to someone who has arthritis and I chuckled to myself...Life with a child with artritis is very hard on us all. Niamh doesn't look sick so it is hard to explain to people she has a disability..I find it a lonely disease to have as a child . Niamh gets a ray of hope where she is pain free and gets to lead a normal life then with a bang it reminds her she is not a normal child ...Niamh went to visit her great gran aunt yesterday who was 103 and Niamh's joint's were in worse shape then aunty Liza...Niamh was walking slower ...i would love to wrap Niamh up in cotton wool but I know this is the wrong thing to do. She has to learn to cope....

No comments:

Post a Comment